A****'s avatar'
A****3 weeks agoQ&A Employment Law

I have Miscalculated EPF Contributions for My Employees

Company wrongly contributed 13% instead of 12% for basic salary above RM5,000. Can company claim back the overpayment of 1% EPF from employee by way of salary deduction?

Angel's avatar'
Angel3 weeks ago
If it is an overpayment, employer can settle off it from the subsequent EPF contribution payments (Have to mention cheque no and over payment details with subsequent payments) or can forward a request to refund it within the one year of date of payment.